Thursday, January 17, 2008

One or so word summary of the programming languages I work with

Here is a a one or two word summary of the languages I work with. I try to spend time with most of them. They are not listed in any particular order.

1. Haskell: Functional, cool [most projects]
2. Python: Dynamic, semi-fast, indented blocks [most projects]
3. Ruby: Dynamic, semi-slow [some projects]
4. Scala: Functional, better java, actors [some projects]
5. Java: Static, lots of libraries, ugly, verbose [most projects]
5. Factor: Cool, new, fast [a couple of projects]
6. C: Cool, sloppy [a couple of projects]
7. Erlang: Parallel [very few projects]

(Less used):
7. C++: scary (I don't use C++)
8. Common Lisp (sbcl): fast, simple, dynamic
9. Scheme: simple, dynamic

(Useful):
10. Bash: ok I guess

(Want to learn):
11. Perl6
12. Relearn Lisp

No comments: